Thursday, January 19, 2006

Day Eight - Goodbye Orlando

Today was our last day at WDW. On one hand I was sad to see it end. On the other, I was a glad to be going home. After a extremely busy week, I was tired of the heat and humidity, and sore from all the walking.

My wake-up call was for an early 5:30 AM. I finished packing and then we went down to Classic Hall to check out. Because American Airlines was a participating airline, we were able to check our luggage in and get our boarding passes right there at the luggage assistance desk in the hotel. It was very convenient. We asked them to hold our carry-on luggage while we went to the Magic Kingdom for breakfast.

Today was were having breakfast at Cinderella’s Royal Table, located inside the castle. I was really looking forward to this. Reservations were extremely hard to get and I felt fortunate that we were able to get them at all. Since we were a little early, we went through Mickey’s Philharmagic one last time and then picked up FP’s for Peter Pan.

It was now time for our 8:55 AM breakfast reservation. After checking in at the counter outside the restaurant we were invited to wait inside in the lobby area. At one end of the lobby was an enormous throne, we the Fairy Godmother was seated. There was a long line of children waiting to have their pictures taken with her, many of the girls wearing their Disney Princess outfits. When our table was ready, chimes were sounded and our names called out. We walked up a red carpeted circular staircase to the restaurant, which was located on the second floor.

We were met at the top of the stairs and ushered to our table. We have a very nice table for two located right next to the window overlooking Fantasyland. Paul, our server, was very nice and explained that it was all-you-care-to-eat brought to your table. We started with a bowl of assorted fruit and basket of breads, muffins, pastries and rolls. We both had orange juice, and I had coffee. Our main entrée consisted of scrambled eggs, sausage, bacon, potatos, and cream cheese stuffed french toast with blueberry topping.

While we ate, the characters made their way from table to table, stopping to chat and have pictures taken. We were visited by Wendy, Princess Aurora, Belle (in her blue dress), Mary Poppins and Cinderella. Each character behaved and spoke exactly as you would have expected. Wendy noticed our FP’s for Peter Pan and commented on them. Mary Poppins spoke with a British accent and was very crisp and matter of fact. If was a very enjoyable time and the food was excellent.

After breakfast we had time to ride Snow White before using our FP’s for Peter Pan. Then it was over to Liberty Square to see the Hall of Presidents then on to the Emporium so Jason could do a little last minute shopping.

It was now time to head back to the resort to catch our Magical Express bus to the airport. Once we reached the resort, we used the last of our snack credits to purchase Mickey Mouse Rice Krispie treats.

We picked up our checked carry-on luggage and waited for the Magical Express bus. Once on the bus, we enjoyed watching cartoons during the trip to the airport. The airport was a breeze as we already had our boarding passes and our luggage was being taken care of.

Our flight to Dallas was smooth and went quickly. The next leg from Dallas to Portland was a little rocky over the Rocky Mountains, but still passed more quickly that we had expected.

It was great to see my Dad meet us at the airport. He was so wonderful to get us so early to drive us to the airport when we left and then be there to pick us up when we arrived home.


Post a Comment

<< Home