Thursday, January 19, 2006

Day Seven PM - MGM Studios

Arriving at MGM Studios, we picked up FP’s for the Indiana Jones Stunt Show. We had a bit of time to kill before the show so we went to see Drew Carey’s “Sounds Dangerous” show, a show about sound effects. This was a very boring show. About seven minutes of it took place in total darkness so I used that time to catch a few winks.

We then used our FP’s to watch Indiana Jones. The show was interesting but I was mostly happy to be able to sit for an extended period of time. After the show we saw “Walt Disney – One Man’s Dream,” a film about Walt Disney. There was a large room outside the theatre was many exhibits about Walt’s Life. It was great.

Next up was the Great Movie Ride, which we had ridden on our previous visit to this Park; this time with a different live action sequence. I had assumed the ride would be the same every time and was pleasantly surprised to find that it wasn’t.

By now it was around 2:30 PM we were starving, yet we were reluctant to get anything to eat as we had 6:00 PM reservations at the Hollywood & Vine Restaurant and knew it would spoil our appetites. We were both tired but knew we didn’t have enough time to go back to the resort for a rest.

We decided to try to move up our dinner reservation to earlier in the day. After dinner we planned to just call it a day and go back to the resort for an evening of rest and relaxation.

The reservation podium was located outside the restaurant and they were more than happy to accommodate our request to move our reservation up to 3:00 PM, when they opened for dinner. They were probably glad to free up a reservation during the more popular dinner hour.

Since we didn’t really have time to see anything else before dinner, we sat at some tables outside the restaurant to wait. As we waited, it began to rain and so we were glad to be out of the rain.

Dinner at Hollywood & Vine was buffet style and they offered a really wide variety of items. The restaurant was themed about the early days of Hollywood, maybe the 1940’s. The food was delicious and our server was really nice.

After dinner, we did a little shopping. I bought a Walt Disney World calendar for my office at work and Jason bought a stuffed Sorcerer Mickey. It was now getting close to the time when the afternoon parade was due to begin so we thought that would be a good time to leave before we had to mess with parade traffic.

Once back at the resort we picked up our refillable mugs in our rooms then went back to Classic Hall. We stopped at the Front Desk to check on our bills and make sure we were all set for express checkout the next morning. Then we stopped at the gift shop to use the coupon that had come with our Magical Express packets for a free lanyard and pin. The pin was for the Disney Cruise Line. We had hoped that it would have been a Magical Express bus instead, but didn’t think until later that we should have asked the clerk if there was a choice of pins. Next stop was at the food court to fill our mugs with frozen coke machine. There were two choices, coke and a blue-raspberry. The blue-raspberry was delicious and I made good use of it during our stay. We also used a snack credit to buy a Mickey ice-cream bar for later.

Back in the room I rested for a while and then began to pack. We had an early breakfast reservation the next morning and would need to check our luggage in before we left for the Magic Kingdom. It was a very relaxing evening and one that we desperately needed.


Post a Comment

<< Home